Tuesday, April 17

I Love Letters From Him

I believe that these are the last letters I will get from Nathan in Boot Camp.  I can't believe that I get to see him next week!  It's strange how the days seemed to be so long, but the weeks have rushed past.  The last time I saw Nathan, I was attempting to study for a midterm that I miraculously passed!  And now, I'm all graduated, moved to CA, and working as an intern.  Crazy.

As usual, Nathan's doing awesome.  He got to shoot the M16.  He didn't do great, but he didn't do poorly either.  Out of 24 rounds he hit 14 targets.  The people who got 22 out of 24 will receive a ribbon for marksmanship and that is something you can earn at any time during your service in the Air Force, so he says that he plans on getting that eventually.  Even though he didn't do great, he did well enough to not have the other boys make fun of him.


Do you remember me mentioning that he has this new fondness for yogurt?  It hasn't died off yet.  They get pretty good food there and he listed off all the wonderful things that he ate for dinner and at the end of it he told me about this yummy bread that he discovered.  He made it "yummier" by putten yogurt on it.  That still makes my taste buds want to run away in fear.  I keep saying to myself, "it's like a cream puff," but it's not working, it can't get over the strangeness of it all.


His other letter was really short and was mostly about the future and how happy his is to be almost done.  We are excited to eventually find out where were are going to be stationed, which we wont find out for a few more months, but in the mean time, we can agree that where ever we get sent to will be amazing because we get to be together.


We started making plans for graduation and how were are going to spend our time together off base.  I know he's going to be drained and mostly want to sit and eat sweet things, but he seems to think he will have the energy to explore the Alamo.  I'm good with whatever as long as I can be near him.


I can't wait to talk to him face to face.  Week seven is almost over... week eight is graduation.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment