Tuesday, April 24

Pintrest and Butterfingers for My Man


I most definitely have a Pintrest addiction.  I knew that this wonderful little site filled with so many things would be a pleasant distraction.  This is why I didn't let myself venture into its beautiful world until I had finished all my classes --- I was afraid that I wouldn't graduate with so many new things to try on the www.  Now that I am a college graduate, I'm loving all this non-procrastination Pintrest time!  This is my first Pintrest find that I've made.  The butterfinger clone.  Way easy, super fun, and tastes so darn yummy!  Only three ingredients too!  The only twist is that one of them is candy corn, which is really hard to find in the spring unless you have a candy store that stocks everything.  Thank you Powel's!

I'm making these to take to Nathan at his graduation.... if they turn out that is, I totally bought real butterfingers just incase these were a flop.  He loves butterfingers and with his current state of no sugar at boot camp I'm pretty sure I'm going to make quite a splash when he gets these.

How it went down:


I measured out 1 lb candy corn.


Poured it into a microwavable bowl.


And microwaved em at 30 second intervals until it became a hot, smooth sticky, sugary lava.


Had to avoid sticking my finger into the hot sticky delicious mess.


Mixed in the peanutbutter and drank in that wonderful aroma that fills the entire house.


Then the into a 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper, where it is pressed and smoothed out.  Then it is cooled completely.


This is getting exciting!  Cutten out my candy bar shapes...


And dunkem em in 16oz dark chocolate candy coating...


And then get a tummy ache from all the samples I ate just to make sure I was doing it right.


The final verdict.... I'm so making these again!  Didn't even need my store bought back up.  They aren't exactly like a butterfinger, but oh so deliciously close!  I'm so excited to give these to Nathan in a few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment