Monday, April 16

My New BFF


I have a new best friend.  His name is RJ.  He's a very beautiful Macaw.  He just recently came to Pandemonium Aviaries.  He's not the usual bird to show up, but the owner still owes a few favors and the local Humane Society asked if she would be able to give him a good home.  His owner recently passed and he's been having a hard time adjusting.  He doesn't talk much and hasn't let anyone, but the owner touch him.  When I walked in, he was perched on his cage and I chatted him up.  He mostly ignored me.  I heard that he liked to dance so I asked him if he had the moves like Jagger.  Again, he ignored me.  But later when I got back from my lunch break, I was helping one of the other interns with a project and he climbed down his cage and walked across the room to come see me.


And then he sat next to me while I asked him how his day was going.  I told him that I was new here and needed a friend.   He didn't seem to mind the idea of a new friend.


So then I asked him again if he had the moves like Jagger?


He nodded yes.  So, I sang for him and we had a dance party.  I tried to video his mad dancing skills and he got a little camera shy, but got over it quickly.  He's a sucker for attention.  I'm trying really hard not to laugh in the video and no judging my baby talk.  I can't help it.  He be so cute.  I LOVE his moon walk!



Isn't he the tops?

No comments:

Post a Comment