Monday, August 20

The Happiest Place On Earth

Disneyland!  My family and I had a vacation to The Land.  It was everything we dreamed it would be.


The new Cars Land makes you feel like you are in the movie.  Particularly when you see Lightning McQueen and Mater driving around the streets.


I was the only one to get soaked on that ride with the rapids (that I can't remember the name of), where you bump and splash around for a little bit and then at the very end when you think that you might be getting away with just a wet rump, you actually end up being the only one that has a fire-hydrant of water come crashing down from above.

.... I guess that would be me, not you.  

I just wanted you to feel my pain.

This is my wet back side.... you could literally ring me out.  

Now I need the blow-dry ride..... that doesn't exist.

Or just a pair of extra large, child sized, mini mouse shorts.  They were the only pants I could find to change into.  I've never been so glad that I've got a white girl's booty.  It be flat!  And it fit into those kiddy pants.

Yea!


We rode all the classics and must rides and throughly enjoyed every moment.


Checked out the bench where Disney first thought up Disneyland.  He didn't like that he had to sit and watch while the kids had fun so he wanted to create a place where the parents could have fun with the kids.  Success Disney, ya done good.


Yikes!  Sister's scary driving.  Well, actually she could be quite good at driving, but since she's 16 it's fun to pretend that she's bad at it.

Yikes!  Everyone off the roads!  She's on the loose!

tehehe...


This is my Disney breakfast.  It was sooooo good.  Oatmeal cakes with a berry compote.


I wish I could eat breakfast in Disneyland at the Carnation Cafe everyday.


Merida!  This was a goal of mine on this visit, to see Merida and her curly hair!  Check that off my life's list of things to do.


We saw storm troopers and the next thing I knew, my sister was running after them trying to get a picture.  They were on their way to a show and weren't able to stop for a picture so she ran beside them  and hopped and yelled at me to hurry up and take a picture until we got this next shot.


I think I should consider a job with the paparazzi.   Yeah, I got skills.

She's never looked happier.

Especially when compared to the face she gave me later that day.


Hehe, she didn't like how slow I drive.  It was funny.

We ended the trip with a concert directed by the one and only Goofy.  I love Goofy.  I think my favorite Disney movie would have to be A Goofy Movie.  It makes me smile. Maybe because Goofy is silly like my dad.


I loved our summer vacation even though next time, I will be sure to bring an extra pair of pants and more supportive foot wear.  Ouch! my feet were not happy campers, but everything else was wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Foot wear is often overlooked. I have taken a number of people to parks, gardens or zoos and by the end of the day the aching feet. People seem to not realize that several hours of walking and standing can be killer without the right shoes. But loved the pictures and glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete