Wednesday, July 25

I Make Owls When I Miss My Husband

This is what happens when I've been away from my husband for five months.....


I make an owl to snuggle with.... outta his old sweater that he asked me to dispose of for him.... but I didn't....

I kept it like a hoarder and then made a stuffed animal out of it like a creeper.  Yeah, I'm cool like that. 

I can't decide if this is exceptionally cool, or just a sign that this wife is ready to be with her husband again.... and may be going nuts. 


The sweater had been used practically everyday, and was falling apart.  You had to do a special dance to get it to zip up, and even if you performed it right.... it would still refuse to zip sometimes.

And strange little me saw it and thought, "I can make something out of that old sweater to cuddle with at night."

Then I grabbed some paper from the recycling bin and made my pattern.  Cut and sewed.


And the next thing ya know --- I have a cuddle buddy.  I think he still needs some eyes though....  Just need to find some buttons.

In the meantime, my oxytocin levels are up (the feel-good hormone you get from a really good hug).  

And I impressed myself with my impromptu craftiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment