Wednesday, July 11

The Drive to Oregon

I love Oregon.

I love my family.

And I love that I got to share some of my favorite things about Oregon with them.

Here are my 17 favorites from this trip:

1) Rest stops with baseball practice.  I love that for car trips, the baseballs and mitts are packed to be accessible for rest stops on the way.


2) Windy days that make for fun photos ops.


3) When the littlest one ripped his pants.  We laughed every time we saw this little booty.


4) Seeing the beautiful mountains on the drive.


5) Eating at Block 15 in Corvallis, OR and throughly enjoying my beer battered fries!


6) Strolling through the Jackson Fraiser Wetlands in Corvallis to walk off our full tummies.


7) Being amazed at how different the landscape is around every turn in the wetlands.




8) Starting out a morning run in suburbia and ending up in a field.


9) Getting to play with my cousin's new puppy!  Don't you just want to squeeze her?!


10) Talking to my Ya-ya.


11) The every changing weather of Oregon.  If you don't like the wether here, just wait 20 min. and it will change.


12) Graduating!


 13) Taking a moment to enjoy the sunshine dancing on the leaves of a tree.


14)  Sisters that photo bomb what was suppose to be a photo of Mt. Shasta.  Can you can tell she thinks that so is sooo funny and clever?


15) Little brothers that make such pretty faces in photos.


16) The Dragon that lets you know that you are near the state boarder.  (There is also a cow, but I didn't get a picture where you could tell that he was a cow and not a rock... it's hard to get a photo at highway speeds).


17) Taking a stop in a town that my dad always told me was suppose to be "Eureka," but they spelled it wrong.... "Yreka," and decided to pretend like they intended to spell it that way, so it never changed.  This trip he let us know that the people in town say that it is a traditional Native American word.  I'm a bit more likely to believe the towns people.... you may remember the story about the water tower?  My dad likes to tell stories and I am VERY gullible, but I do think the first story is a better one.


I miss Oregon, all the wonderful people that are live there, and my friends that have moved away from the land where people bleed Orange and Black (Go Beavers!).  

Out of every place I have ever seen... Oregon is in the top three for the most beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment