Friday, July 27

I'm Becoming A Crazy Bird Lady/The Boardwalk

While my cousin, Christina, was in town we had to take her to Santa Cruz.  You can't come to CA without going to the beach.   We had a total blast at the Boardwalk, riding the rides, eating the food (I'm in love with the new potato twists!), and walking along the shoreline and pier. 

However, this guy was the highlight.  For me at least.... my job might be slowly turning me into a crazy bird lady.


He was just sitting out here by all the fisherman.


Posing for all the cameras that were pulled out the second he was spotted.


He was so big.


And so handsome.


And he definitely enjoyed the attention.


One group of people had the brilliant idea to try to pet him.

Um.... did they not know this is a wild animal?

Heck, one look at that beak and I knew to keep my distance.

As one girl reached out her hand, he gave her a look that said, "You idiot, I will rip that thing off if you come any closer."  She didn't get the message and he lunged at her.  She backed off.

One of her friends thought that she would have better luck.  I quickly told her that it was never a good idea to touch a wild animal as she was handing over her life's belongs to a friend.  I guess I seem like I know what I am talking about because she took her stuff back and everyone else resumed picture taking instead of playing games of truth or dare.

Guess what else we saw?

This one is napping. 

This one is swimming.  Sealions are so fun to watch... well, when they aren't napping.... which they usually are.


Another wonderful trip to the coast.

I can't believe my highlight was a bird.  The bird craziness is taking over.  My boss said it would.

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome. So are birds. It's not craziness, it's a healthy appreciation for God's nature =)

    ReplyDelete