Sunday, July 29

Shayna, The Opera Singer



This beautiful bird is Shayna.  Before Pandemonium became a site for conservation, it was a home for birds that were abandoned and couldn't find homes.  When my boss learned that some of the birds she had were becoming endangered in their native land, she decided she was going to do something about it.  She began doing what she could to help save those endangered species. 

Shayna is one of those birds that found a new home here at Pandemonium.  She is a Yellow Headed Amazon, which is endangered in Mexico and Northern Central America. 

She's is brilliant and hilarious.  She learned my name very quickly.  I was outside one day when my boss came out calling my name to let me know that we were about to start our staff meeting when Shayna calls, "Hello Britta."  She became my favorite right then and there.  

To add to her awesomeness, she's got a Darth Vader voice that she pulls out when you least expect it, and she loves to sing opera.  

She came inside to help with our research and paperwork  recently and did much better at distracting us.  We didn't mind.  She's quite the performer. 

Check it out.  She gets sooo into it. 


It's she a peach?  I adore her.


1 comment: