Sunday, June 10

Best Birthday Present Ever!


I got the most wonderful gift from the hubby for my birthday!  

I was supper excited when I saw a long, skinny box, with my name on it, waiting for me on the porch.  Bounded inside with my present and waited for Nathan to get on Skype.  It's not nearly as much fun to open presents by yourself. 

He told me that this wasn't my real gift, that one would be arriving later.  This one just made him laugh.

He gave me a Spider Catcher!  Can I just say, I was more than thrilled!  He was shocked at my joy.  He thought he'd get something more like and eye roll when I saw it.  

You may remember my current method for dealing with my eight legged frien-emies in a previous post .... it doesn't go well for the spiders or my conscience. 

Nathan decided to remedy that situation and now I have a spider catcher. 


The spider catcher comes with a plastic spider for practicing.


So of course I had to test it out!


The catcher has these soft bristles that open and close so you can gently catch the spider and release the little bugger in a more desirable location.


Sorry the pictures are a little blurry, I was too excited to sit still.



Success!


I was pretty impressed with it.  The long arm makes it so that you are very far away from the spider at all times and its also gentile so I don't have to be mean to them.  Just because we don't get along shouldn't mean that we should be destructive to each other.


I'm in love with my gag gift!

And!  I got to use it this morning!  Went to hop in the shower and guess who was sitting on the ceiling?

Yup, and eight legged frien-emy.  I told him to stay there and that I'd be right back.

With my new favorite tool :)

I got my trigger finger ready...


Reached up to grab the culprit....


And success!  It caught him.  This thing is like handcuffs for spiders because the plastic fibers trap all his little legs.  This little bugger is not going anywhere!


And then I released him... outside, of course.


And he still had all his legs!  He was a little confused about what just happened, but unharmed!

I told him to enjoy his new home, courtesy of Nathan Thomas Sinex.


Enjoy your new pad spider!


Thanks Nathan for protecting the lives of all the spiders that cross my path!

No comments:

Post a Comment