Thursday, June 21

The Full Monty On The Way To See The Full Monty


I took a trip to the city with the parental units to watch a fun play.  I saw the movie version a long time ago and remembered thinking that it was cute.... it's the male version of Calendar Girls.  

These ordinary men decide to strip to make money for their families, which is pretty funny.  It's a little awkward to watch actors doing a play about trying to striptease next to your father.  Towards the end of the play, the characters decided that, to fill the seats and make enough money, they have to go the "full monety."  Which means that in the end.... they be completely naked on stage.  (No worries, you don't see it... the lights go out, they are backlit for about a second (to show their silhouettes) and then the lights go out and the play is over.)  And there is a nice little message about accepting and loving who you are.  All in all a light hearted funny story.

However --- the ride to the show wasn't so light hearted and friendly.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you look at something and realize that something is a little off, but your brain doesn't register what?

We were driving on the Embarcadero in San Francisco and saw a group of bicyclists standing around on the sidewalk.    It was a bunch of men with their bikes.  They looked like they were waiting for a race to start, or to go on a San Francisco bicycle tour or something.  

But something was off and I couldn't place what it was. There something was strange about these men. 

What is? I kept asking myself.  What???..... OH CRAP!  I know what's wrong!  They are all in their birthday suits!  These men are completely naked!

A whole street, full of completely naked men awaiting a bike ride. 

I was so sad that I couldn't figure it out faster.  My eyes saw much more than I would care to admit. 

Oh San Francisco, why don't you care about indecent exposure?  I didn't need to see the Full Money. 

I tried to drown out the memory by eating my first ever cake pop.


It was pink and yummy.   A much better memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment