Thursday, May 3

Graduation Ceremony Parade


So Friday of graduation weekend is is the Graduation Parade.   The Airmen march out on this big field...


Do some fancy drills


Some fancy marching


And parade in front of the friends and family in the stands.


Can you see him yet?  I couldn't.  I knew that this was his flight though, so I took a picture and hoped he was in it.  He is.  But it's mostly just his hat.


Surprisingly I found him in this crowd much easier.


Here.... I'll get a little closer....


Still doesn't help.... no worries.  I'z still gots more zoom on my camera.... There he is, just left of the center!


Then I got to go tap him out again!  That means that I'm allowed to give him a hug and a kiss!  Public displays of affection are only allowed during times of reunion or celebration while in uniform.  I was definitely disappointed when I learned about that rule.  But it's been around since forever and it's important to respect the uniform.  It was really hard to not hold his hand all weekend!  I had to keep putting my hands in my pockets so that I wouldn't get him in trouble.


His flight took one last photo together.  This is everyone lining up from tallest to shortest.  Nathan's the only on not messing around.


He's so serious in these photos.


His flight TRS 320/ FLT 300


Then we got to go to his dorm where he has been staying these past 8 weeks.

This was on his bed when we got there.


I can't believe that this is how he makes the bed everyday!  He's always been a stickler about making our bed.  He likes to have all the covers nice and neat.  I could care less about my sheets being perfectly placed, so he's definitely made the bed a few times with me still in it, refusing to move from my warm covers.  Compromise, that is what marriage is all about right?  He gets to make the bed and I get my warm spot.  It's the best of both worlds.


I don't want to stay in bed if he's gonna make the bed like that though.  I may have to change my tactics.

This is some art that was on the wall of his squadron.  It might make more sense now why I drew him a sign with a gator on it... it's the mascot of the 320 training squadron.  Their art looks much more manly then mine.



Nathan showed off his military organization and folding skills too.  His attention to detail is amazing!


One side of his locker....


And the other....


Look at how orderly that drawer is!


And drum roll please..... this is a sock!  Knee high sock!  C-R-A-Z-Y!


I think I know where to look the next time I need a door stop.  His dad was impressed too.


Even though the sock was frowning at him.


This is a shirt....


And here's Nathan's masterpiece.  A towel.


All the edges perfectly aligned.  He was so good at folding towels that he did it for everyone else too.


Betcha wish you knew someone who would fold all your laundry for you with such perfection.  I'm excited that one day I get to take him home and put him to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment