Tuesday, May 1

I found him!

After the airman's run there were briefings with rules and me trying to decipher hand drawn maps that told us where we should sit to get the best view of our airmen.  

Photo credit Jessica L Crosby
The in-laws and I ended up right behind his flight rather then right next too them.  We could still see him, we just couldn't tell which one was him by the back of their heads. 


They all marched in and were handed their coins.


The flag was lowered.

Photo Credit Deborah Colling


And then I got to finally see my man!  That first hug was so wonderful after being away from him for 8 weeks!


This is the coin he received to recognize his transition from trainee to airman.



We explored the Lackland Air Force Base a little.  Checked out the mini malls, the commissary, and the two museums on base.   Then we walked around the parade grounds, reading about all the planes that are scattered around the field and just talked as a cool breeze started to blow away some of the afternoon heat.


It was great to just be able to walk and talk with him!


I loved being able to spend the day with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment