Sunday, March 18

Everything is in Storage

This Saturday I had some of the most wonderful people come to help me clean all my things, put them into boxes and move them into a storage unit.  We got an entire apartment that had been seeped in sewer water cleaned and packed in less than one day.  I am so impressed!  This has been so hard to do without Nathan here with me or even being able to talk to him about what has been going on, but having such a great support system has helped out immensely with my sanity.  I feel so blessed to know such wonderful people!

The Relief Society started coming over at 9am to clean and pack everything.  They all were moving so fast I couldn't get a good photo of them with my camera phone.  They were amazing


They were done around noon and then the Elders Quorum came over and put all my boxes and furniture into their trucks and trailers and moved almost everything on the first trip! 


It's so nice to know that as a Mormon, you have this wonderful ward family that is able to help at a moments notice. 


They piled everything up for me.


Even used their coats and sweatshirts to dry off my stuff that got wet on the rainy drive over. 


They made this very full garage go from full... to this, in minutes. 


And this sun room went from filled to empty faster then I could believe! 


And I have to say an extra thank you to Marie Campbell, because she was the first one there at 9am and she was the last one to leave at 3pm.  She was more thorough then I could have ever been, even if I wasn't stressed out.  If you are ever in trouble, she's will know the plan of action.  She's my hero for the weekend!

Thank you so much to everyone that was able to help me recover from the water damage, everyone that kept me in your prayers and the people that helped to feed me (Lauren Moholt, Erika Shultz, and The Elton Family).  I really do feel blessed!  Having such wonderful people like you in my life has made this horrible week so much better then it could have been!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Britta, I just read a few of your blog posts and it brought tears to my eyes to read about the flood, your husband gone, and the wonderful people that helped move your things. You are inspiring and I love your great attitude. You go girl!! Good luck with everything and getting "back to normal" after the flood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind thoughts! I'm definitely blessed to know such wonderful people.

      Delete