Thursday, March 15

A Few Days Post Flood


The water is drying up in my house.  We've had fans going trying to get as much of the moisture out as possible.  My renters insurance will be able to cover the damages, but luckily because I had so many wonderful people come and help move my things to higher ground, not much was damaged.  My landlord however is going to have to pay for everything out of pocket because the city determined it wasn't their fault so they wont pay for the damage and his homeowners insurance wont cover plumbing related issues.  

We still don't know what caused the clog.  We thought that it was in the cities system because it was sewer water that was coming up through our floors, but they searched all the sewer lines, even sent a video camera down through the lines to make sure.   And they came up with nada.  The clog ended up being between the home's sewer system and the cities, making the city not responsible to cover the damages.  When our amazing plumber snaked the pipe that had the clog, it cleared pretty quickly, but when he pulled it out there was nothing on that corkscrew part of the snake.  That gives us no idea what it could have been.

I have realized that I am very accident prone, but living with Nathan seems to cancel out the craziness that follows me.  The last time I had something crazy happen was three months before I got married and I got hit by a deer riding my moped, Lola, through town.  Since being married to him, it has been smooth sailing.... and then he leaves for boot camp and wha-bam! I get hit with a flood.  Now I know, the next time he leaves that I should move to a bomb shelter till he gets back.

No comments:

Post a Comment