Tuesday, March 20

Nathan's Second Phone Call!


I just heard from Nathan!  I was so sad yesterday thinking that we had missed the opportunity to talk to each other and would have to go another whole week till the opportunity came round again.  He said that he didn't know why they didn't get to call yesterday because they definitely had the time to do it, but he will still be able to call next Sunday... so that's kind like two phone calls in one week :) 

So our 15min. phone call went something like this:

He got his job list this last week.  When you're given a job in the Airforce, you don't know where you will be going till you've gone through a good chunk of boot camp.  He got his list of possible places to go to (which is just about everywhere when your job is to be the Geek Squad for the Air Force) and wrote down his list of top places to go to, in the hopes that we could go to one of those places (they have to send you where you are needed, but like to let you think that you can actually pick where).  I had already instructed Nathan on how to rank the places to go to; first to go outside the country in europe, then warm places outside the country and then every base in California, and then the US coastlines, and then (very last) the places in the middle of the country (I've got too much California girl in me to go too far away from the coast).  



So number one on the list is a base in Germany, second is Italy, and third is Japan!  Then we've got all the Cali ones and then a random Florida one too.  I'm getting very excited for our coming adventures! 

After he went though the list and apologized for picking the place in Japan that gets around negative 40 in the winter rather then the one that was warmer, and after saying sorry for picking a base in florida on in the list of state side bases, rather then one that was closer to family... he paused for about half a second and then told me to ask him questions because he couldn't think of anything to say and he only had 15 minutes, so we have to get it all out quickly as we can.... He hadn't heard about the flooding yet.  I gave him the readers digest version, told him what was damaged, how we had so much help and that the next pile of letters he's gonna get from me will be me freaking out about the flood.  He was very happy to hear that we had so many people taking care of me and felt bad that I had to deal with that on my own. 

Nathan told me that he probably wasn't going to get a six pack while at boot camp.  This is a big deal because Nathan and I have a deal.  Currently we do not own a television of any sort.  Nathan dreams of having a 50 inch TV and I think that 50 inches is a ridiculous amount of TV to put in a room.  So, we made this deal: he gets a 6 pack and he can get a TV.  I get something, and he gets something... that way we both are happy.  And honestly, I thought that this would be a good way to never have a ridiculously huge TV in my home.  So although he says that he's definitely getting stronger down there, he says that it looks the same.... and he's going to get the 50 incher when he's done with boot camp anyways.  I tried to put the breaks on a tell him no, but how do you say no to a guy who's in boot camp?  My brain was telling me to put him in his place and make him take up his end of the bargain, but my heart was telling me to take the bullet and let him get his gnarly giant TV.  He then told me (knowing exactly what I was going through my head) even if I said no, he'd leave one day and just come back with it.  I had to laugh and let him know he could have it... reluctantly. Oh, I can't believe I'm going to have to learn to live with a beast that size in my house.... I can already feel the regret from that moment of weakness.  Oh well, at least I wont have to stop at the electronic section every time we go to Target just so that he can stare at them darn TV's for a while. 

He's been doing a pretty good job staying out of trouble.  He said that he finally learned how to make his bed!  He's been getting marked down for lots of little things like a brush being turned the wrong way or making his bed exactly right and that he's gotten the hang of that now.  Because he is in a special forces squadron, they train much harder then everyone else and he says that they always run 5 miles more then everyone else and their workouts are much more intense in general.  I asked him if doing P90X helped to make him more prepared for the physical side of boot camp and I got a big fat, "NO, it did not."  And he was always so proud of himself when he came back from working out and was all swole... P90X has nothing on bootcamp. 

Even though everything has been the pits lately, it's so good to hear from him.  We make each other laugh and everything just seems so much better with him.  I've got sunshine in my world again being able to just spend 15 minutes on the phone with him.  I love my husband so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment