Sunday, March 11

First Phone Call!

This is my new best friend.


Nathan just called!  It was so good to hear his voice!  I didn't know how much I would miss him while he was gone.  But I can tell you it hasn't been easy without him here with me.  I have been sitting by my phone religiously to be ready for his phone call.  I'm not usually the type of person that has their cell phone in hand at all moments and these past few weeks I feel like my phone has become my best friend because it is always there with me and it finally paid off because it was right there when Nathan called.

He told me that he is in a special squadron that works the boys extra hard.  Which is both a good thing and a bad one because he is pushed harder and yelled at more, but he learns more and does better then all the other squadrons.  His leader has had 7 squadrons and 6 of them have made it to warhawk status, which is the highest you can get and they receive special recognition and an extra day off base during their graduation week.

When he left for boot camp it had been for him recommended to not wear his wedding ring (because it is a valuable and you don't want to have anything happen to it), so I was going to take it right before he left, but with everything that was going on we completely forgot about it.  He was going to take it off and put it in his bag, but he said he couldn't make himself take it off, so he has been wearing it there.  How sweet is that?  I love being married to someone who loves me and misses me as much as I miss him.  Nathan is not a crier, but he definitely broke down in our 15 minute phone call.


I'm so looking forward to his graduation when I can see him again.


No comments:

Post a Comment