Tuesday, March 27

First letter!


I got my first letter from Nathan this weekend!  I love my letter.  It is so nice to be able to relax, sit down to read and not feel pressured to fit as much conversation into 15 minutes as humanly possible.  It's like those old cell phone commercials where they used to talk really quickly into their phones to avoid paying overage fees.  Also, I can read his letters over and over again, and you can't do that with a phone call.  Although, I would never deny the opportunity to hear his voice, it's nice to have this as well.  It helps on those in between days.

He's my favorite.  I love that he still calls me wife as a pet name.  Like calling me his wife hasn't lost any of its excitement during our marriage so far.


He told me about how he got in trouble a lot at the beginning for lots of small things.  After they had been taught how to clean and organize their dorm, they had an inspection and Nathan said that he, "probably had 25 things wrong."  But in his last inspection he  only had 3 things wrong and one was that he had his toothbrush turned the wrong way.  That made him pretty happy for a while.


He says that he's having fun, growing and learning.  It's hard and he's getting more excited about his future in the service.  I am so proud of my husband!


Of course there were sweet things about how much he loves and misses me that just melted my heart, but I wont make you read about the mushyness.  I will say however that I am very lucky to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment